Features and Benefits
Cabu! has the only e-learning school software on the market that brings together video, a publishing and classroom literacy tool plus a school community online “hub” in one easy to use package.
The Cabu! software has many features that can add real value for your school. Not only can the software be used as an educational tool for teachers, students and parents, the Cabu! software provides a communication connection for your school between parents, grandparents, students and the school.
In addition the software provides your school a fundraising opportunity to earn unlimited passive income.
The Cabu! software in no way interferes with your school website nor does it replace it (but if you are looking for a new school website, we can help you there as well).
The Cabu! software is simply a URL link from your school’s existing website to our server , which offers a school unlimited data storage at no extra cost as this is covered through a low monthly hosting fee.
Keen to have a Free Demonstration of the Software?The demonstration takes only 30-40 minutes and can be done on a day and time that suits you and/or your team. The demonstrations are done via Skype or Google Hangout using shared screen and video.REQUEST A DEMO NOW
- Is Mobile Responsive
- Google Friendly
- Accessible anywhere, anytime
- Create classwork into a published interactive online newspaper
- Simple to use with lots of automated features
- Teacher friendly
- Easy to use and create posts with text, images, slideshows and videos
- Classes have their own news section, and students have their own author page, which can become their online e-Portfolio
- Customisable literacy module with built-in Success Criteria Checklist
- Fully moderated comments – nothing gets published without the school’s approval.
- Parents can “Follow” their child(ren) and receive alerts when they have work published on the site, generating traffic to the site
- Google Translator – great for international student market, and family and friends overseas
- Potential to earn passive income from the software via business sponsorship
Plus many more!
- Provides teachers with the means to facilitate e-learning in their classrooms and enhance student literacy skills
- Is being used as an online classroom tool by teachers across the curriculum
- Allows students to share their learning in a multimedia way
- Engages students in a new way for writing and reading
- Provides students with a genuine and authentic audience for their work
- Helps develop Digital Citizenship skills
- Teachers can use it to apply a wide range of Key Competencies across students’ learning
- Schools can use the software as a communication platform to connect and engage parents online for regular weekly news, updates, events and students’ work.
- Students can share and showcase their work in a positive and moderated, secure environment.
- A great way to add value for parents who cannot always get to see their child perform at school or get to school activities.
- The perfect solution to showcase your school in a dynamic way to potential new families and the community.
What Schools are Saying
It’s another huge milestone for us in creating the reality of our wee school community so thanks for being such a significant contributor to this. Honestly can’t thank you enough – I’m delighted!
It was easy to add new pages, add links, up-load PDFs and photos.
Feedback from parents has been very positive. They find it easy to navigate the site and access any information they need.
We are very excited by the fresh new look and the opportunities that the Online Newspaper allows for parents and students to engage over the students’ learning. This is very motivating for the students and is enriching the classroom programmes.
Cabu is one of the easiest programmes I have ever used. It has added another dimension to the learning of the children at D.P.S. The children are motivated to work on their posts and excited to put something out there for the rest of the world to see.
What used to be a chore has actually become quite fun and we now have a site that is interactive, informative and is developing as we all become more confident and proficient.
It is giving our children the chance to use student voice, plus an opportunity to find out what is happening around our school.
Alongside this, it is also teaching them investigative skills, reporting skills and how to use multi-media processes.
The online paper is a really useful and collaborative tool which is fantastic in helping online learning for students anytime. I would recommend CABU to anyone who wants to embrace current learning ways.